Thursday, January 29, 2009
What they don't tell you about being pregnant...
I write this list in a very lighthearted manner, because despite some of the harder days I have thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy and been blessed to have a healthy eight months, so far. However, here are some of the things that they don't tell you about being pregnant.
1. Morning sickness is not just in the morning. It's all day long. And it can strike at a moment's notice, with absolutely no warning.
2. I honestly have no idea that I'm acting crazy and hormonal. To me I seem perfectly normal.
3. Everyone has a different theory of what you can and can't eat, drink, be around, etc. If you took everyone's advice, you'd never get to eat, drink or do anything.
4. Getting kicked/punched repeatedly in the bladder... it's never-ending. Not to mention that you always, and I mean ALWAYS have to pee, so it doesn't help matters any.
5. People -even complete strangers- have no problem telling you if they think you are too small, too big, carrying low or high, or expressing any other opinion on the way your pregnant self looks without being asked.
6. The dreams! Every night the bizarreness tops the night before.
7. When you need a donut (or a hamburger, or a pickle dipped in icing), it's not just a 'craving'; you will literally obsess about it until you have one.
8. While the baby's movements feel weird at first, you get used to them. The hiccups the baby gets, however, are definitely the strangest feeling.
9. Advertisers prey on your fears and emotions as a pregnant woman in order to convince you that you need every brand new expensive thing on the market or else you're going to be a bad mom.
10. You are more loved and supported than you ever imagined, and your friends and family will go out of their way to help you in any way they can!