Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Everlasting Friend

Lately, I've begun to realize how truly and utterly God has blessed me with my wonderful family and friends. These are people who have stood beside me through thick and thin: They have tried to help me even when I thought I didn't need it- taking their advice and dropping it on the side of the road where I thought it belonged- and then welcomed me back with open arms when I came to my senses and came crawling back. As a matter of fact, they didn't even let me crawl back, they helped me pick myself up and dust myself off, and then they hugged me.

They have given me food, shelter, and open ears and hearts; they have paid me generously for doing their hair or baby-sitting their children and in doing so helped me rebuild my self-confidence; they have welcomed me into their homes and families in order to remind me that we are all in this thing called Life together.

I have enjoyed so many heartfelt and honest conversations with these wonderful people, and have been enormously humbled by the love and support they have given, and continue to give, me. It feels so good to be home again.

In the past two months, the Lord has worked graciously in my life in so many ways that I cannot begin to count them all. While I've been focusing on the big picture and selfishly wondering what He could possibly have planned for me, I've practically missed the small (small in the sense of daily, not as in insignificant) but amazing ways he's beginning to put the pieces of my life back together and prepare me for what's to come.

1 comment:

Abby Hutto said...

You are dearly loved, sweet Laura Lee, by your friends and family and by your Heavenly Father! I'm praying for you. Keep me posted on your life.