Friday, August 29, 2008

Random thoughts and updates for a Friday afternoon

I've probably read about 40 books in the last month.  Sometimes two or more a day.  Novels, non-fiction, everything.  I guess it's been an escape of sorts for me.  I am reminded of the book Girl Meets God where she gives up reading for Lent.  I found it ridiculous that she would consider reading as something she did in place of -or instead of- connecting with God, but now I kind of get it.  It's an easy escape and, to me, it's better than TV or a movie, but I can easily lose a whole day in a good book.  

I'm officially in my second trimester of pregnancy, and I'm finally feeling better physically.  The morning (um, all day) sickness is dramatically reduced and I'm not so dead tired all of the time.  Although, the new "waking-up-at-4-am-STARVING" is not much fun, either.  I meet with my new midwife on Tuesday, which I'm super excited about because it will be my first actual confirmation of what's going on inside me (is it a baby?  am I sure it's not just gas and I've been confused this whole time?).  I'm slowly rising out of my depression/guilt/fear/unbelief and tiptoeing into acceptance and potential -dare I say it?- excitement, which has only been made possible by the loving grace of God.  For that, I am so thankful.  The thought that God has a plan for this little one is what keeps me going everyday.  Praise Him.

I start school September 14th, which I am extremely excited about.  It will be wonderful to be learning and challenging myself in new ways.  I'm not sure what my goals are yet, as far was what I'm studying... they change frequently.  I am just trying to keep an open mind and an open heart, and look to God to direct me where He will.  I know He'll show me when I'm ready.






1 comment:

Abby Hutto said...

Yeah!!! I was praying that the Lord would confirm this little blessing in your heart by giving you the gift of excitement. The Lord does have great and wonderful plans for YOU and for your baby. It won't be easy, but He will guide, comfort and support you through every step. Praying for you!