Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breakfast After 10




Our new 'season' of the Wednesday morning women's Bible study I attend began this morning.  I love, love, love this group and I'm so thankful that God originally called me to it last year.  It was an enormous factor in my growth in my faith throughout the year last year and I made some awesome new friends, as well as getting to know some previous acquaintances on a deeper level.  There are some new faces this time around and I'm excited to develop new relationships with these women as well.

I always feel so refreshed after leaving the church, so connected and more understood than I ever have felt anywhere else.  The way we are able to open up and discuss the Gospel and Jesus freely with each other, without judgement and reservations is just incredible.  Plus, the food's always good, too.  I struggle with so much sin in my life and I can get really down on myself trying to deal with it on my own.  I start to feel lonely and ugly and scared and depressed.  However, getting these fears and failures off my chest and sharing in the hope and love of Jesus in the company of these women just uplifts me in a way I could never explain.  Having the assurance that I'm not alone in my struggles goes a long way in refreshing my spirit and preparing my heart for another week out there in our broken, sinful world.  

I pray that God will continue to bless our group and His Spirit will dwell among us as this year as we study the Gospel of Mark.

1 comment:

Abby Hutto said...

Great prayer!!! I feel the same way when I leave too. It is amazing to see God working in the lives of others because I can't always see Him working in mine. You know what I mean? He IS working, but I'm all caught up in it, so I can't see it as clearly as I can see His work in the lives of those around me. I love our group--y'all minister to my heart in so many ways. I'm glad we're all back together! It's been a long summer. And the food really is good...